I recently had a feature story killed just before publication. I retain the rights to it. However, I’m not sure of the etiquette and ethics of selling a killed story to a new editor. What’s the most effective approach?
Archive for August, 2012
Of all mental disorders, none elicits more revulsion or less sympathy than psychopathy, a disorder characterized by extreme impulsivity, narcissism, callousness and lack of empathy. Psychopathy is widely considered incurable, but some researchers have theorized […]
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL
The TON Pitch Database
To tell a compelling story to readers, you first need to sell it to an editor. TON has compiled dozens of successful feature pitches to a wide range of publications.
If you have a successful pitch you’d like to submit for the TON pitch database (and if the resulting story has been published), please contact us.
- Pitching Errors: How Not to Pitch
- Trading the Pipette for the Pen: Transitioning from Science to Science Writing
- Taking Good Notes: Tricks and Tools
- Meetings of Minds, or, How to Talk to a Scientist
- Tools: Planner Pad, the Funnel of Focus
- How Rebecca Skloot Built The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- Virginia Hughes Enters the Land of the Sleepyheads
- A Day in the Life of Amanda Gefter
- An Army of Helpers: Twitter as a Reporting Tool
- Nailing the Nut Graf
- Phil McKenna Describes the Making of “Life in the Death Zone”
- Congratulations, You’re an Editor! What Do You Do Now?
- Ask TON: What Does a Science Writing Master’s Program Get You?
- Are You a Writer or an Editor? Part I: The Writers
- A Day in the Life of Emma Marris
Ask TON: How Do You Juggle Assignments?
Ask TON: Conducting and Condensing Q&A Interviews
Ask TON: How Soon to Repitch an Editor?
A Day in the Life of Heather Boerner
Hillary Rosner Makes Readers Care about Saving an Unassuming Endangered Fish
Serendipity Stories: A New TON Series
Are You a Writer or an Editor? Part I: The Writers
Susan Dominus Delves into the Lives and Minds of a Remarkable Pair of Conjoined Twins
Words with Friends: The Story Behind the Scilance Book
Natural Habitat: Priya Shetty
Ask TON: Finding International Stories
Brendan Koerner Storyboards a Hijacking Tale
Natural Habitat: Cynthia Graber
Is Anyone Out There? Sourcing News Stories
Video: David Quammen Interview
Liza Gross Digs into California’s Pesticide Data