I will be embedded with a scientist whom I will follow around for a few days. I like this person already and could be friends in a normal world. Are there strategies I could follow while reporting to remain a human being and keep an appropriate journalistic distance?
Post Tagged with: "Rogers"
For the residents of Lakeshore, Ontario, the black fungus caking their homes was a problem, and they blamed the local distillery. For James Scott, the Sherlock Holmes of fungi, the identity of the unsightly mold was […]
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL
The TON Pitch Database
To tell a compelling story to readers, you first need to sell it to an editor. TON has compiled dozens of successful feature pitches to a wide range of publications.
If you have a successful pitch you’d like to submit for the TON pitch database (and if the resulting story has been published), please contact us.
- Pitching Errors: How Not to Pitch
- Meetings of Minds, or, How to Talk to a Scientist
- Taking Good Notes: Tricks and Tools
- A Day in the Life of Amanda Gefter
- How Rebecca Skloot Built The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- Phil McKenna Describes the Making of “Life in the Death Zone”
- A Day in the Life of Emma Marris
- Tools: Planner Pad, the Funnel of Focus
- Virginia Hughes Enters the Land of the Sleepyheads
- Nailing the Nut Graf
- Ask TON: What Does a Science Writing Master’s Program Get You?
- Paying for It: Getting Grants and Fellowships
- Show Me the Money: The Economics of Freelance Science Journalism
- Are You a Writer or an Editor? Part I: The Writers
- Ask TON: Using PIOs to Hunt Stories
David Tuller Untangles the Research History of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
David Quammen on Turning Research Into Story, Part II
Ask TON: Why Blog?
Seeking to Awe: An “Oops!” Story
What Is Science Journalism Worth? Part II
Pictures and Prose: When Photographers and Writers Work Together
Jon Mooallem on a Plan to Bring Hippopotamus Ranching to America
Deborah Blum Traces a Poisonous History
Natural Habitat: Jessa Gamble
Ask TON: Saving String
A Day in the Life of Jo Marchant
Video: David Quammen Interview
Single Best: Seth Mnookin
Ask TON: Finding International Stories
Oral Histories in Science Journalism: An Underrated Art
Seth Mnookin Follows a Family Battling a Rare Genetic Disease