For nearly all her career, journalist and author Maryn McKenna has written about public health, from Midwest droughts to bird flu to Gulf War Syndrome. While covering the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) […]
Post Tagged with: "Soundslides"
When journalist David Dobbs’ mother was dying, she shocked her children by asking that her ashes be spread in the waters off the coast of Hawaii, so that she could be with her former lover, […]
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL
The TON Pitch Database
To tell a compelling story to readers, you first need to sell it to an editor. TON has compiled dozens of successful feature pitches to a wide range of publications.
If you have a successful pitch you’d like to submit for the TON pitch database (and if the resulting story has been published), please contact us.
- Pitching Errors: How Not to Pitch
- A Day in the Life of Amanda Gefter
- Paying for It: Getting Grants and Fellowships
- How Rebecca Skloot Built The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- Taking Good Notes: Tricks and Tools
- Tools: Planner Pad, the Funnel of Focus
- Nailing the Nut Graf
- Ask TON: What Does a Science Writing Master’s Program Get You?
- How to Ace a 300-Word Story: An Interview with Roy Peter Clark
- Oral Histories in Science Journalism: An Underrated Art
- Are You a Writer or an Editor? Part I: The Writers
- Show Me the Money: The Economics of Freelance Science Journalism
- Are You an Editor or a Writer? Part II: The Editors
- What Is Science Journalism Worth? Part II
- A Day in the Life of Ben Lillie
Making the Leap from News to Books: Critical Questions
Are You an Editor or a Writer? Part II: The Editors
George Johnson Chases Lightning
Amy Harmon Follows a Young Autistic Man into the World
Nailing the Nut Graf
Diversity in Science Writing: A Survey
Yudhijit Bhattacharjee Weaves a Tale of Scientific Rivalry and Nobel Celebration
Words with Friends: The Story Behind the Scilance Book
Tina Saey Couldn’t Sleep, and She Wanted to Know Why
The Art of the Essay
Pitching Errors: How Not to Pitch
Ask TON: Which Meetings?
Taking Good Notes: Tricks and Tools
Ask TON: From Idea to Story
Brian Vastag Profiles a Dinosaur Tracker
David Dobbs Examines a Provocative New Theory of How Genes Shape Behavior