The Open Notebook is looking for a part-time engagement editor who can help develop and administer social media and promotion materials to enable TON to extend its visibility and impact within relevant communities. This position is remote and is a part-time (20 hours per month) contract position.
TON is an 8-year-old 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose main product is the website theopennotebook.com and whose mission is to provide tools and resources to help science journalists improve their skills.
The engagement editor’s core responsibilities will include:
- Creating and posting social media content designed to engage interested audiences with new articles and programs at The Open Notebook
- Monitoring The Open Notebook’s social media accounts and offering timely and constructive interaction with others in the community
- Creating brief descriptions of new articles published at The Open Notebook to be shared on professional listservs and discussion groups
- Helping identify and act on opportunities for improving and/or developing new social media and other engagement/outreach strategies, within budget constraints
The ideal person for this role is someone who is:
- Familiar with The Open Notebook’s resources, mission, and audience
- Comfortable creating engaging social media posts and other engagement/outreach materials in keeping with The Open Notebook’s identity
- Experienced and comfortable using multiple social media platforms
- Creative and savvy about nonprofit marketing and promotion activities
Compensation is $700/month.
To apply, please send a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. by 11:00 p.m. CDT on Tuesday, June 12.